Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We Could Just Eat Him Up

If I only had a brain!

We had a nice family moment on Monday.  I was in the kitchen working hard at cleaning up, or possibly browsing the Internet  (I can't recall which, but I'm sure it was one of the two) while Mrs. LIAYF was close by with Lukas in his play area. 

My two favorite souls were busy playing with a structure with walls that you can rearrange with pins to make different rooms for the accompanying people and furniture to interact in.  The simple minded among us might call this an open air doll house, but personally I prefer 'architectural design starter kit'. 

Anyway, they were playing out scenario's with the action figures when I heard the following conversation take place between Lukas and Mrs. LIAYF while he had a hold of two of the adult action figures.  "Mommy, this is the Mommy and Daddy.  They are going to get the little boy up from his nap."

How sweet I thought to myself.  He is actually playing out a scene from our happy life together. A smile crept across my face.

"But, Oh No!  They are going to EAT HIS HEAD!" he continued.  "Quick!  He needs to get away!"

Then as he grabbed the boy figure and pretended he was running off with him, he added "They are going to get him.  I need to get him to the astronauts fast so they can BLAST him off to space!"

Well, at least he has an active imagination.  My smile turned into a good laugh, shared by Mrs. LIAYF then Lukas too.

Hmmm, I wonder if Stephen King started out this way.

12 comments:

Barbara L said...

Laughing too hard to comment more!

house said...

http://www.futureofhouse.blogspot.com/

OneZenMom said...

I love this. Partly because it's just hilarious. And partly because I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who do this! :D

SciFi Dad said...

Heh. My boy will climb up, stand beside me on the couch, open his mouth and say, "BWAINS!" while miming "nomnomnom" on my head.

Captain Dumbass said...

At least he'll be ready for the zombie apocolypse.

Otter Thomas said...

The zombie thing is everywhere. I just watched the first episode of The Walking Dead last night. Mabye Lukas can be a writer for them.

Didactic Pirate said...

If your son and my daughter were to meet someday, I'm thinking serious sparks would fly.

We better keep them apart. It's just safer that way.

Rachael said...

I LOVE listening to the stories little kids come up with.

Lady Mama said...

Hahaha. I hear strange little speeches like this a lot.

Jack said...

Zombie play makes the day go faster.

Pandamonium said...

I love it! Is it bad that I hope, when I have kids, they do stuff like this?

Mrs. M said...

I tried again...I also forgot to put in my gender. This time I got Daniella the Spanker. :)