Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Posts in Review: Jul - Dec

Happy New Year's Eve Readers.  I trust you've all finalized your party plans, stocked your fridges with Cristal & Beluga caviar, and locked up the pets, because it's going to be a WILD night. Wooooooh!
-
Ok, so we are staying home and most likely watching a movie. As usual. 

No, it won't be When Harry Met Sally, or any other Meg Ryan movie for that matter. Unless, of course, a party of aging matrons traveling on horseback from 1876!, accidently open a wormhole directly into our living room, become fascinated by the television, and thus force us at needle point to watch Kate and Leopold on our Roku. But let's face it,  there's less than a 50% chance of that happening.
-
So good times should still be had.  We do have some poppers to blast with Lukas. Go ahead and color us lame if you will but hey, have you ever actually tried to get a babysitter on New Years Eve?  I know you understand, because you're all parents too.  Why else would you be reading this? (I'm now doing that two fingers pointing back and forth from my eyes to yours thing).

Fistbump!

Okay, with that out of the way, let me get back to business.  I still had a whole half a year of posts to list in my review of 2010.  I have done that, and for your reading pleasure (tonight even, if you are lamer than us) I have listed them below.

Thanks for reading.  I look forward to interacting with you in 2011.

-
July: Catch 42  - Baseball, and three simple words that span three generations of LIAYF men.

August: You Shouldn't Mosh Past 40 - A buddy and I do it up right, with consequences of course.

September: Easy Choice - Sound decision making takes new shape when you are a father.

October: The Apple Falls Closer to One Branch - The Gravity of this post can't be understated.

November: Girly Things - "You want me to pick up what?"

December: Directionally Challenged - We let Lukas act as GPS to get us home. What could go wrong?

Honorable Mention: The 3rd Night - Lukas proves obidient but very resourceful after graduating to a twin bed.

8 comments:

rusk said...

Kristine sent me - first visit. Greatly enjoyed the year in review. I'm going to give the album reviews a listen as the clock is winding down this year. Even though mine are 21, 20 and 18 the hits just keep on coming. I think your son will look back at your blog even more fondly than many pictures.

Didactic Pirate said...

More excellent posts -- I recognize several of them.
I recall several New Year's Eves spent at home when our daughter was a toddler.

She's nine now, which means she's our designated driver tonight. Woot!

goodfather said...

Nice rundown! I just read 'Girly things' for the first time, and snorted coffee out my nose, thanks for that. ;)

Happy New Year!

Papa K said...

Fistbump to you too brother!

Looking forward to more of your stuff 2011!

Captain Dumbass said...

Fist bump. Haven't decided what we're going to watch yet.

Jack Steiner said...

It has been a pleasure. Have a Happy New Year and I'll see you on the other side.

Diplo_Daddy said...

Those are some fantastic posts. Thanks.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Rusk - Thanks so much for the visit and comment. Which Kristine? And I would be very happy if he reads this later on and likes it.

@Didactic Pirate - Cool! Only 6 more years until a DD!

@Goodfather - Glad to hear. What we all hope for in some small way.

@Papa K - Likewise.

@Captain - I guess we weren't so lame after all. We got invited to a party. With kids! Hope you had fun too.

@Jack - I am seeing you here too. But with a fancy new site. Nicely done.

Dipplo - Loads of thanks man.