I realize that I don't have to tell many of you readers this, but for the rest of you I have to say that this fatherhood gig can be an all encompassing endeavor. Before you know it, your whole world is about your child, which leaves very little YOU time.
With that in mind, here are the Top 10 Signs that SeattleDad is in serious need of some 'Daddy' time.
10. When I see a Firetruck pass by on the street these days, I often exclaim "Wow, a Firetruck!" and make a "Woooooo woo, Whoooo whoo!" sound.
9. I have still not heard a song from newly formed Super group Them Crooked Vultures, yet I have met, attended a concert of, and also follow @casparbabypants on Twitter.
8. The other day as I was walking down a hall, my hand accidentally smacked into the wall. I automatically kissed it to make it feel better.
7. Apparently, I have no qualms eating off his plate, leftover food my toddler has pawed and rejected.
6. Over the past two and a half years, the word most uttered from my mouth: "Buddy". Followed closely of course by "I", "Love", and "You".
5. I have been known at times, to inexplicably start talking to colleagues, in Suessical rhymes.
4. The extent of my workout routine now consists of dragging a 30 pound dead-weight toward the stairs every night at around 7:30 PM.
3. I am often secretly relieved when my son wakes up in the middle of the night, because it gives me an opportunity to go empty my bladder.
2. The other day, after an unknown number of minutes, I realized that I had been sitting in front of the televison completely mesmerized by an episode of 'Max and Ruby' which we had rented for Lukas.
And the #1 sign that I, Seattledad, need more 'adult time':
1. Last night after Lukas had gone to bed, Mrs. called me over to show me something. My response to her:
"Just a minute. I have to go potty first."