Thursday, January 15, 2009

You Know Who You Are

Happy Thursday everyone. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but this past Monday was National Delurking Day. The idea is that if you are a Lurker (Stop by and read posts, but never comment), Delurking day would be the day where you would finally be motivated (read: guilted) to take the time to leave a comment. I'm sure that, like me, most of you didn't get the day off work which made it a real bummer of a holiday.
-
It's amazing how people can just make up a special day. Just like that!
-
In the spirit of it all, I am going to make up my own special holiday on the spot. Put it on your calendars. Since I am a procrastinator by nature, I hereby proclaim today, January 15th, as National Procrastinators DeLurking Day.
-
If you are a procrastinator just like me, and also a Lurker, and you didn't get around to delurking yourself this past Monday, now is your perfect opportunity. Celebrate with me right here, right now. "You know you want to".
-
I will probably be sorry that I ever brought this up. I don't have high expectations, but would be happy with at least one bite. Are you that person?

11 comments:

Surfer Jay said...

Lurker huh. I'm still new to the blogo-world, so I didn't know we had a holiday. Never heard that term either. There are a lot of blogs I read. The posts that get over 25 comments, I tend to not comment on. I figure whats the point, it'll just be lost in the mix.

nonna said...

sorry, but i'm sure i don't qualify as a lurker since i find it hard not to throw my 2 cents in most all of the time.

i guess my standards are higher? lower? than surfer jay's. i tend not to comment if they have over a 100 comments already unless i just have something realllly smart alecky to add. :)

SciFi Dad said...

I think it should be "Deluke-ing day".

Jason Roth said...

I never lurk.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Surfer Jay - I didn't know about it either but seems you are pretty safe here with that policy. LOL!

@Nonna - I'm with you on that one. Usually try to comment if I can.

@SciFi - There is no getting the Luke out of this site.

@VegasDad - Yeah, me either...

Whit said...

De-delurking...

Eric said...

I'm with Jay, if there are tons of comments, what's the point.. everyone has already stated their opinion... who wants mine, really!?

LOL!

Martin said...

I lurk lots.

Just not here.

Being us... said...

I don't read too many blogs but try and comment when I have something important today, although I do have lurkers on my site. But I enjoy blogging even if I don't get comments. Thanks go out to LIAYF for never lurking with my site!!!

Dan said...

Raising my hand to be counted.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Whit - Thanks, but I was hoping for a someone who had never commented. Doesn't look like it will happen.

@Eric - Your opinion always counts here.

@Xbox - Thanks for not lurking here.

@Being us - Your welcome. I enjoy your site.

@Dan - You count man. You count.