Monday, October 6, 2008

Aqua Powers Resonate!

Yesterday, Dan over at All That Comes With it, in a comment to my "Worshiping a False Hero" post, questioned my childhood idolization of Aquaman. I was taken aback. Didn't every kid idolize this watered down superhero? Dan must surely have missed the nuances that made Aquaman the mega superhero that he is. I think the following video should set Dan straight.



Watch closely and notice how Aquaman and Aqualad adroitly handle those wild sea horses, and how our aqua hero smartly uses his telepathic ability to summon all the oceans creatures to be his aqua posse and to help defeat the evil Nepto and his roguish sea viking raiders! Need I say more?

No apology needed Dan. Just pass on the good word about Aquaman across the pond!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? I mean I give you mad props for going out on your own.

But they remind me of - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ambiguously_Gay_Duo

James (SeattleDad) said...

Say it ain't so DC! - Not that there is anything wrong with it...

Yeah, pretty obvious once you watch a couple times. I suppose Next you are going to tell me Superman wasn't straight either.

Anonymous said...

You should hook up with Lee from Quit your day job, he has a similar inexplicable Aquaman fetish.

Jason Roth said...

I had never even heard of Aquaman until you mentioned him. But I agree with DC.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Dan - Whoa there big fella, no one said anything about a fetish. LOL. Funny, I remember it being a whole lot cooler as a kid. Go figure.

@Vegasdad - Never heard of Aquaman before? Oh yeah, I forgot that I am old...

Anonymous said...

Superman is totally straight. Not that he has to be of course.

James (SeattleDad) said...

(from Mrs. LIAYF)

Everyone remembers things being cooler in childhood than they really are. I, for instance, thought that the movie "Time Bandits" was cool beyond cool. Until Jim and I watched it again a few years ago at my insistence. Lame, lame, lame (think very bad special effects and little people in terrible costumes).

The only highlight was the short appearance by a young Sean Connery (and I'm surprised he even consented to be in the movie).

Aquaman - lame. Sorry, honey.

Whit said...

Hey, the modern Aquaman is pretty bad ass. You just got in on the ground floor, or ocean floor as the case may be.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Whit - I hope the modern day Aquaman chooses to avoid those pastel seahorses. Perhaps he can even use his telepathic ability to summon all the oceans creatures to pick up that swirling trash heap the size of Texas. Now that would be heroic!