Saturday, September 13, 2008

Help Wanted!


***********************************
Young couple (relatively) with small toddler seek energetic person with excessive free time for internship position. Ideal candidate will have previous experience operating digital video camera, or have demonstrated significant aptitude in related area and a willingness to learn. Must be available 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays. People skills, especially with young children, are a must (note: goofy face making and arm flailing are considered valuable people skills for purposes of this position).

Job duties primarily will consist of following my family around at all times with provided digital video camera, capturing muliple precious, funny, and heartwarming moments on film, making adorable child smile and laugh with above mentioned antics when called upon, and editing said precious moments into sweet, funny, and memorable clips to be archived for later viewing.

As mentioned, this is an internship position and thus not paid in cash. However, candidate will be provided shelter and food (primarily cheerios and cobbed corn) plus will gain extremely valuable personal experience. Also, this experience will pay dividends at a later time which are far greater than the average internship seeker may initially realize. These include, but are not limited to, the realization that you would be helping a family who now finds it nearly impossible, given time constraints, to be adequately prepared to capture such moments on film, to do just that. And also healthy doses of warmed heart cockles - though employer is currently unsure exactly what those consist of.

Position is expected to be filled soon, so do not delay. Serious candidates can leave a comment my daddy blog "Luke, I am Your Father" to request an in person interview. Strict confidentiality enforced at all times.
-
****************************************

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you pay expenses in coming for the interview?

Anonymous said...

You should included editing embarrassing thing out of the background too. There is nothing worse than looking at those "memories and seeing a sandwich under the coffee table.

Great days ahead of you!!!!

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Dan - a phone interview could be arranged first. Then if you pass the 'energetic' test, we can talk.

@MTAE - Yes, that will have to be part of the editing duties.

Really? What kind of sandwhich? Hmmm....

Ed (zoesdad) said...

I'll do it! I've got lots of free....

Wait, no I don't. Sorry.

Martin said...

I'd put my name forward, but I have a reputation of stealing from my employers...

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, James. From my experience, it's either film him having fun, or join in the fun. I'd rather let someone else film it!

SciFi Dad said...

We need an intern too.

I'll gladly take your rejects; I'm nowhere near as picky now that we're staring down the barrel at two.

Whit said...

Please keep us posted on how this works out.

James (SeattleDad) said...

@Ed - If you reconsider, give me a call. I hear you sew.

@Xbox - That's ok, besides Lukas we have nothing to steal.

@Rob - I feel like I am cheating Lukas out of watching his childhood at a later date.

@Sci-fi - I'm sending you on a less than energetic Englishman and a theiving Irishman. Let me know if either works for you.

@Whit - Nothing firm yet, but if I throw in beer with the cheerios and cobbed corn, would you throw your name in?