Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Milk Bong!


As mentioned in a previous post, Lukas never took a bottle. This was due to an abundance of the enzyme Lipase in his mothers milk and an abundance of ignorance of this fact on his parents part. Since that time, we have been giving Luke thawed milk out of a modified bottle/sippy cup called a 'Nuby'.


The problem, and I am not sure if this is actually a problem or more of a blessing yet, is that Lukas will slam his milk down in a matter of moments. For those of you who did a bit more than study in college, it is almost as fast as beer from a 'beer bong'. He will go through 5 or 6 oz in under a minute, then let out an impressive belch that would make a truck driver blush. He does end up getting a bit of the milk run down the sides of his face as well, so this is not the most clean and tidy eating experience, however, he is getting his fluid nourishment and seems no worse for wear. I just am not sure how this will translate as he goes to daycare.
___
I guess time will tell, but in the mean time.......Party On!

2 comments:

Whit said...

Beer bong? I only studied in college.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Yeah, me too. But I heard rumors.