Monday, February 18, 2008

Last Days!

Today is my last day at home with Lukas before I start back to work and Luke starts daycare tomorrow. It is very sunny and beautiful in West Seattle today, so I had planned for us to spend a nice day together, with lots of play time and a nice walk out and about to enjoy the sunshine.

Lukas, however, unfortunately has another cold and is not feeling his perky, smiley self. So, we will be spending a nice day together anyway, but we will be making sure that the Budlet is comfortable, hydrated, and caught up on his naps! I am not sure where Lukas picked this bug up, coming so close on the heals of his last virus, but he could have caught it when I went with him in tow, into the pharmacy waiting room of my HMO on Friday. I needed to get a prescription filled and while waiting I let Lukas play on the floor and he put a toy there in his mouth. I first wiped it down with a diaper wipe, mistakenly thinking that would sanitize it. I guess you live and learn when you are a new dad! Or perhaps, he picked it up somewhere else, although those possibilities are few really.

So, Lukas is feeling crummy and so is Dad for exposing him once again to another bug. Mrs. LIAYF and I will now have to, on the very first day of daycare, make the decision that multitudes of parents make on a daily basis. "Is my child too sick to go to daycare or should I stay home with him?" It would not look great to miss my first day back to work after being out 6 weeks. We will decide that tomorrow. Que Sera Sera!

For now however, Lukie Long Shanks and I will sit here, looking out onto the beautiful day, listening to the new 'Jack Johnson' disc and enjoying each others company, congestion and all.

5 comments:

Whit said...

Oh man, nothing like calling out on the first day, but you gotta do what you gotta do. On the bright side, you get to ease back into the work thing.

KristyCK said...

Oh poor one! Hope he is feeling much better today.
Get better soon Lukie Long Shanks!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Alas, we made the decision that Luke was well enough to go to daycare today, so here I am at work and totally distracted. I am here however, and attempting to regain any lost respect from my subs for being out to care for an infant for several weeks. Wish me luck.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Thanks for the well wishes BM! Luckily daycare is across the street and I can go at lunch and check on him. They havn't called to ask me to take him home, so I guess we are good to (stay).

The_Mrs said...

It's so hard to get back into the 'groove' of work and all that. So I wish you much luck and hope he feels better soon. :)